What makes people want to distribute warez? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2004, 11:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Uhhh yeah, warez over http was pretty short lived...

ekÆsine's description is pretty accurate. Bandwidth is definitely a non-issue when you consider many people are serving from DS3+ connections. It's a try before you buy method for most, and for others it is quite simply the bragging rights - "I have 300+ gigs of ISO software! I don't use any of it, but I have it!" lmao... whatever.

Old 03-06-2004, 12:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Techie

o i think its very easy, i say here pay 40 bux this app or take 10 mins to search for it and a few mouse clicks and u get it for free, how simple is that? what would most ppl choose, of course to not spend their hard earned money when its necessary to get what they want, warez is no different then mp3's or nething else really and i believe the last time i looked it was something like 27% of the us population had admitted to or is a regular user of filesharing progs. as for u asking y do ppl do it i think i answered y ppl dload it and as for uploading it to ppl and ftps and such, i would hope that if ur goin to dload u could b decent enough to share it with other ppl since thats how u got it in the first place. im not condoning it or nething since it is illegal but the value of getting it for free greatly outweighs the very slim chance of getting caught in most ppls eyes. ppl steal plain and simple and it will never stop unless they start givin ppl the chair for stealing or something so severe ppl would cringe at thought of even doing it.

Fear is nothing but the anticipation of pain, be it physical, mental, spiritual or emotional.
Athlon XP 2200+ oc\'ed @ 1.93ghz
MSI ms-6738
768mb ddr2100
Nvidia mx420 :(
60gig maxtor 7200rpm
Dual boot with Mandrake 10.0 and Win XP Pro sp2
Closed Thread