What a light media player for windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
including hijack everything. anything vlc can mpc can do it even better. mpc can't play image file though. I hate the look of that stupid little icon too. it's just a personal preference. i don't like. it also had issue of showing movie on both the computer monitor and hdtv screen the last time that I used it.

real player is looking promising

Thanks for saying that, notice it only occurs when you activate subtitles which i don't even use. I only use it for music and videos i watch it with WMP or i do not need subtitles anyway.

Real Player is spyware and virus free.

I haven't use real player in years, but back in the day it would integrate IE into it which always left it open to virus attacks whereas everybody else media player just use the internet to access stuff. I'm hoping that it's not like that now

Thread cleaned and closed.

LeftCoast you mistook the statement from the beginning. VLC hijacking everything has absolutely NOTHING to do with vunerabilties. It was a reference to how VLC takes control of all aspect of file associations that can be played with the software. Instead of giving you the option to only select certain files to use with the software, it takes control of everything.

AKA Hijack everything. While WMP, WinAmp and other media players allow you to choose which file formats you play with that software VLC does not. It takes full control of every music format, video format and so on. This is not what Eric was looking for. Hence his statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom