What is this? I see it quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro2a

In Runtime
In my media drive, now and again I get some random folder with some funky name with a lock on the folder itself (Which I can open). It's usually a file with a name of (02ac9001ba209041e1ddbc) or something along those lines. I snapped a photo to show you what I am talking about. I'm hopping someone can explain what this is, and if I should be concerned. I delete them, my spyware and virus programs don't seem to mind it. It appears to have no adverse effects on my tower, regardless once I delete it a few days or weeks later they seem to reappear.

View attachment 5219

This is what is in it when I open it. It appears to be an .exe file.

View attachment 5220

Attachments

• Question.PNG
    Question.PNG
    8.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Infolder.jpg
    Infolder.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 117
From what tho? I don't use that drive to install programs. It is solely for MP3's and videos... It doesn't make sense to me.

I believe Windows Update picks the drive with the largest amount of free space, and stores the temp files there. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

I think it does, I installed a few packages manually and it picked a freshly installed 1TB drive and put the temp files there, but didn't bother removing them. Rather annoying in all honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom