What is happening...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolboy696

Baseband Member
Ok the other day i install a router on my friends computer... it was working fine...the main computer and the other wireless computer worked....but now today.... the my computer icon on the desktop disappeared... and it wont let him go into anything...the programs menu will not show.... the computer will not go on the internet... and does the same thing in save mode as well... so is there anything tht i could do tht would help the problem...and plez no tht installing windows again...is a very last option.... than....and i need advice asap...thanx a million

Check for viruses and ad/spyware. That should always be the first thing you do.

Does the router have a firewall? Is it set up, and set up correctly? Is the computer running a firewall?

Open up the Device Manager. Control Panel-->System-->Hardware-->Device Manager. Look for anything with a problem...it will have a yallow exclamation point, or a question mark. If you see one, doubl-click the device and see what it says is the problem.

Unfortunately it sounds like a virus to me. Make sure you update your definitions on the A/V and disconnect from the inet when doing the scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom