What The F@#& Is Wrong With Windows Now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

radguy

Baseband Member
ok i bought a pos dell for christmas and everytime it boots up it has the system 32 folder pop up. there are also certain windows in the startup tab of system config that put tehmselves back in even when u uncheck them that relate to the system 32 folder.... should i run a scan with hijack this and see paste the log?

or is it just something in the registry i can take out... im attaching a screenshot of what wont go away in system config

the highlighted items are what wont go away...

thanks alot...

no rush for a response its no emergency just a neusance

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 132
see attached

See whats there.Should be empty.
Unless you want it to be there.

:eek:

Attachments

• chanride1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 52
yep looks like spyware to me. i would go ahead and run spybot or adaware ...or both. or you could just use that dell restore CD. the reason the sys32 folder keeps popping up at startup is because a program or service is calling up a file which does not exist or is not in the location specified. looks like you have loads of spyware on your OS, i would just start over.

Run Adaware then Spybot (ensure both are updated.....do it manually if you cant connect)......and when Spybot has finished press its TOOLS tab then the Start Up tab and untick anything from there as MSConfig can sometimes be fussy on what it lets you do........plus of course you've got less chance of breaking something.

maybe remove the system32 entry from msconfig by going to regedit, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
delete any value in THIS KEY ONLY that have C:\Windows\System32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom