What Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 12GB RAM if that is enough.

Do you think using Windows Vista as my primary OS and using Windows 7 as my gaming OS is a good or bad idea?

I know it's unnecessary to bump, but I really need to get this solved now.

I was thinking of a 250GB Vista partition and then a 250GB Windows 7 partition. Good idea, or bad idea?

Seems okay. Why would it be a bad idea? :p I would stick a bit more on the W7 partition depending on what games you play; Empire: Total War takes up like 15GB, for example.

I play games I can afford. I'm only 13, so it's kind of hard for me to earn my money. Usually my parents pay me if I get any school awards or do some chores without them asking.

Right now, I play Counter-Strike: Source, Team Fortress 2, and Call of Duty: World at War (I only use Steam, I never buy a PC game from anywhere else). I'm graduating to high school soon, and my birthday is a few days before graduation. That money will help me buy the Valve pack and maybe a new hard drive.

Ah, I remember being in that position. It's only just now I've started earning money, and even that's only the equivalent of $60 a month. Hopefully I can get a weekend job soon.

Might I say, you have excellent language skills for your age ^_^ (I'm 16 btw).

You're 13 and you have an i7 965?!?! You're one lucky kid.

Anyways, since you're only 13, I'm going to assume (correct me if I'm wrong) that you don't really have much important data on your computer, besides maybe like school essays and such. If that is the case, I don't really see a reason to dual boot with Vista. I am using solely Win7 and have not had a single problem. I play TF2 alot so I can tell you for sure that it runs great. Everything I use including my sound card and wireless card runs perfectly. I don't see a need to use Vista as well. Its up to you though. Just my personal experience

What about my pr0n?! Joking. :p

I don't mean to say this in a rude way, but I do have important files. :freak:

And about that first line, if what I said is against the rules, I'll delete it.

Your comp must have cost a bundle, you have very generous parents!

Don't worry about it ;)

I put my specs in my signature. If anyone wants to make a signature out of it, I'd be very grateful.

http://i43.tinypic.com/29eob60.jpg

Edit: I just noticed that when I boot up my computer, it doesn't give an option to do a system restore anymore. Instead, it was replaced with the dual boot menu. Hopefully if I ever need to do a full system restore, my AlienRespawn CD will work.

What about my pr0n?! Joking. :p

I don't mean to say this in a rude way, but I do have important files. :freak:

Well if you have two HD's, its really no big deal then. In that case, just keep one HD for your main Vista and the other for Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom