What Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulquiorra Schiffer

In Runtime
Which one do you recommend for gaming? XP, Vista, or 7?

I haven't tested 7 yet, but so far I don't have any problems with Vista. I run max setting on all of the latest games.

I've played in all 3. Haven't had any problems except with 7 with Fallout 3 for a little while till I changed compatibility options (of course, this was in the Beta 7000 build..haven't tried playing any games in the 7100 RC build yet).

I've used XP and 7, I use 7 for most things and XP for anything that doesn't work well in the 7 RC.

Oh... so should I use Windows 7 for my gaming OS? And then use Windows Vista for whatever else?

Its a good idea to do if you know how to Dual-Boot.

But remember, even though Windows 7 is a nice new OS, its far from perfect and its only beta and things can go bad easily.

And you are willing to do all this just for a few extra FPS? Especially when your rig is capable for most games out right now? (You do have a GTX 280 and a Core i7 965 which can max almost any game below 1920x1200)

I wouldn't risk potential risk of data loss if the OS suddenly glitches or something, remember its a Beta as I've already said (Mak would probably say the same thing when he sees the thread)

I only stated that is gives a few extra FPS, not that I will use it.

I just thought of this, but is it possible to use both operating systems without logging off and then switching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom