What did I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcohen

Banned
Last night, with the help of a Mc Afee tech I solved my Mc Afee's downloading problem. Except the techs never did tell me what the nature of my problem was and/or what I did to resolve the problem. Maybe one of these forum members can answer those questions. To make a long story short I recently upgraded from dial up internet to DSL then Mc Afee was unable to update the anti-virus signatures. The techs told me to go into inter net explorer, click tools, internet options, under dialup and network settings there were two entries, one for my old internet provider and one labeled my ISP. We deleted the ones for my old provider then restored the settings for IE, then ran a patch called mscprxfix and everything is fine now.

What did I do? What was the nature of the problem to begin with?

I think what I did was Mc Afee was unable to update because the internet settings still had pointers to the old ISP which was no longer present. What I did to repair it was to delete the pointers.

Hello,

You PC was still setup to work from the Dialup connection not the new DSL line which is considered always on. So by removeing the setting for the dialup and forcing the fix to the DSL you got your net recognized by the system and things like McAfee and other apps will now work.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom