What are the chances>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the 32 bit edition home premium. my friend bought the 64 bit edition. we gave each other copies, so that we could choose which one to use. then we got ultimate off of a torrent which had both versions on it.

Just sent them this emial after I was with technical support. Sounds like I will have to torrent it.

"First of all, I want to upgrade my 32bit vista to 64bit.

When I first called, I got tech support in some country, and I could barely understand the person, and that ****es me off. I then got transfered because he did not know what he was talking about. I then got transfered to another person in some different country, and could barely understand him. He told me he was putting me on hold, when he actually dumped my call. This then proceeded me to the main menu, where I was able to talk to someone who spoke English that I could understand. He then told me about the exchange program, where I can pay 10 dollars for the 64bit vista home premium. He told me it is no problem that I had OEM software.

Thought all was good, except I was still ****ed about me being dumped by Microsoft, who I buy many products, and make their company receive my MONEY.

The website does not wok, apparently the person I talked to either lied to me, or did not know that this "trade up" does not work for OEM software. So basically my purchase of Vista home premium is worthless. I can't upgrade to 64bit, unless I pay another 120+ dollars retail for the 64bit version. Thats bs, that their is nothing you can do, and it ****es me off, that OEM's are excluded.

So what are you going to do with a valued Microsoft customer? Who owns an Xbox360, a zune, and multiple computers with Windows XP?

Are you going to tell me you cant do anything? Because you can, make this situation into a good one, and do the right thing."

I hope their is a way because I need to unlock Vista's potential with more ram, and to make it run smoother.

When you say, I hope "their" is a way, is grammatically incorrect. The correct word is "there"... they mean different things but sound the same. I personally don't mind, but if the email reader decides to be a d1ck, they'll think you're a dumb@$$ and ignore the email. Most of the time they delete emails without reading them at all. so be careful in the future. Just a though...

I wanted to upgrade to 64-bit vista too because my laptop came with 32bit. Microsoft support people are just jerks and they don't care. I'm wondering if the home premium 32 bit key works with 64 bit home premium. They're the same version (both home premium) so I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to switch for free.

When you say, I hope "their" is a way, is grammatically incorrect. The correct word is "there"... they mean different things but sound the same. I don't mind, but if the email reader decides to be a d1ck, they'll think you're a dumb@$$ and ignore the email. Most of the time they delete emails without reading them at all. Just a though.

they already responded, and I just sent another email.

I wanted to upgrade to 64-bit vista too because my laptop came with 32bit. Microsoft support people are just jerks and they don't care. I'm wondering if the home premium 32 bit key works with 64 bit home premium. They're the same version (both home premium) so I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to switch for free.
To answer your question. Yes you can. It doesnt matter if it is 32 Bit or 64 Bit. A Home Premium serial is a HP serial. Just like Ultimate is Ultimate.

The only restriction on this is. It costs you a activation. So if you have retail version the first install at 32 Bit is 1st activation. The switch to 64 Bit will be your 2nd. Leaving you with only 1 more activation before the pain the in @$$ calls to M$.

If it was OEM...well you will have to call them. Since OEM has only 1 activation. MSDN and TechNet keys have 10 activations. So you would be left with 8 after this.

DeadPixel...

You will not get it. You will have to torrent it. I will tell you right now that M$ and their Tech Support will say that you bought a 32 Bit version and you have to buy a 64 Bit version if you want it. There will be no way they will send you a 64 Bit DVD or anything like that. If you knew before hand and bought the 32Bit...they wont help. Even if you wanted to switch. Sorry.

There are plenty of torrents out there. Some are 32 Bit or 64 Bit exclusively. But some have both. So no matter what you decide you should have the version available. Like i said i got mine from MSDN and it has all versions on 1 DVD. From Basic 32/64 Bit to Enterprise & Ultimate 32/64 Bit and everything in between. So i dont have much to worry about.

To answer your question. Yes you can. It doesnt matter if it is 32 Bit or 64 Bit. A Home Premium serial is a HP serial. Just like Ultimate is Ultimate.

The only restriction on this is. It costs you a activation. So if you have retail version the first install at 32 Bit is 1st activation. The switch to 64 Bit will be your 2nd. Leaving you with only 1 more activation before the pain the in @$$ calls to M$.

If it was OEM...well you will have to call them. Since OEM has only 1 activation. MSDN and TechNet keys have 10 activations. So you would be left with 8 after this.

DeadPixel...

You will not get it. You will have to torrent it. I will tell you right now that M$ and their Tech Support will say that you bought a 32 Bit version and you have to buy a 64 Bit version if you want it. There will be no way they will send you a 64 Bit DVD or anything like that. If you knew before hand and bought the 32Bit...they wont help. Even if you wanted to switch. Sorry.

There are plenty of torrents out there. Some are 32 Bit or 64 Bit exclusively. But some have both. So no matter what you decide you should have the version available. Like i said i got mine from MSDN and it has all versions on 1 DVD. From Basic 32/64 Bit to Enterprise & Ultimate 32/64 Bit and everything in between. So i dont have much to worry about.

Wahts the msdn? Never heard of it, I found one with all versions with 32 bit adn 64. If they wont help me, I guess ill torrent it, but wahts MSND< and is that where you got it form? And does yours work fine?

MSDN is a M$ subscription package. It costs big $$. I only got it cause i am a M$ MVP for Windows Shell/User.

Yes i got it from there. It is a download package that i get with the MSDN subscription.

MSDN Home Page

That is the homepage. It comes right from M$. So yeah it works jsut fine.

MSDN is a M$ subscription package. It costs big $$. I only got it cause i am a M$ MVP for Windows Shell/User.

Yes i got it from there. It is a download package that i get with the MSDN subscription.

MSDN Home Page

That is the homepage. It comes right from M$. So yeah it works jsut fine.

I thought msdn, was a torrenting website :p. Sorry, Ill make it work, I hope to get another email, otherwise m$ forcing my hand to torrent it.

I can almost guarentee they will force your hand. Only cause i have dealt with them extensively. They will not just give you a Vista 64 Disc. they will tell you to buy it.

Check sites like Demonoid, ISOHunt and The Pirate Bay. They will be your best bet.

I can almost guarentee they will force your hand. Only cause i have dealt with them extensively. They will not just give you a Vista 64 Disc. they will tell you to buy it.

Check sites like Demonoid, ISOHunt and The Pirate Bay. They will be your best bet.

I found one, Im going to wait untill tomorrow before I install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom