What can you do with VMWARE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever_j

In Runtime
Been reading up on http://www.vmware.com/ and trying to figure out what it is REALLY for..

I cant seem to get ahold of what it is for really apart from having a separate processed OS for test environment

but what else really?

Like can i use it to provide 3 people with computers using 1 CPU, and 3 sets of desktop, keyboard, and mouse?

sorry for my ingorance

you would push your software update or patches, etc. out to that and see how your system reacts, if there are any conflicts etc. so you dont know to mess up your real world systems.

ah. in that case.. i have no use for it at the moment..

but wouldnt it be great if it was possible to make many work stations with a single CPU unit? that'd be awesome hehe

tiger direct had something like that...imo i think its a stupid idea but i guess for 2 or 3 home users just doing word processing.

tiger direct had something like that...imo i think its a stupid idea but i guess for 2 or 3 home users just doing word processing.
you mean there is something out there for this type of setup?

1 CPU + 3 sets of KEYBOARD, MOUSE, and MONITOR = 3 work stations.

oh do tell :)

yeah it's stupid if you need massive computer resources, but for most office environments, where it's mostly typing, and doing internet surfing, it's really worth it..

save your company costs on hardware, and software.

I downloaded it to try a few linux distros. Works well but made my boot longer. :(

Using it now infact to try some software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom