What is the best PC remote software for non business use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightingBird

In Runtime
I'm trying to find a remote solution to use while I am at work to connect to my windows machine at home. I have a fast connection at home(60d/5u) and I want something that can take advantage of that speed, little to notice lag(so if Im running programs or games), sound, and any other perks.

I've looked into Gotomypc, PCanywhere, Radmein, and even considered logmeinPro. I considered VNC but it does not allow streaming or sound. Either way, price is not a option. I'm just trying to find the best, not cheap or small, solution.

Any ideas?

I prefer TeamViewer. I gave LogMeIn a spin recently but it seems to be more laggy than TV. that, and TV makes its own windows while LMI operates through your browser.

I use Windows Live Mesh. Works flawlessly between the four computers I use it on. Though it's a bit laggy for my home PC since I only have 60kb/s upload.

we use tight VNC at work, its a little slow but does the job. Remember remote desktop isnt perfect, there will generally always be a huge ton of lag, but thats to do with the real time connections, you could probably set up some sort of QoS in network control but it still wouldnt do much.
but yeah bump teamviewer, its good and free

Agreed. I have used TeamViewer and Live mesh as well however I have found Logmein to be a far more robust option. I found live mesh to do a horrible job of handling multiple high res monitors while it was effortless with Logmein.

I love TeamViewer. Used UltraVNC, RealVNC, and TinyVNC over the summer at where I worked, and didn't really like any of them. TeamViewer I liked because it didn't give me a scrollbar in the window for the computer that I was viewing. Would get annoying when using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom