what the best anti spyware software to stop those win antivirus 2009 from installing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: what the best anti spyware software to stop those win antivirus 2009 from install

To fix a friends computer I used MalwareBytes. They had AVG on there and it did nothing. That was about a month ago though so maybe its been updated because I used it for years with no problems. However I have moved on to Avast because it seemed like AVG wasn't as good as it used to be.

Re: what the best anti spyware software to stop those win antivirus 2009 from install

We use symantec at work. I was on a computer that we somehow missed installing symantec on and it had the anti virus 2009. I installed symantec and it prompted me to reboot to take effect. Before I could even hit the start button to select restart, symantec popped up (despite never rebooting to activate the install) yelling at me that it caught a virus: antivirus 2009.

But, I prefer AVG over anything. Symantec is just what we use at work and it works.

We use symantec at work. I was on a computer that we somehow missed installing symantec on and it had the anti virus 2009. I installed symantec and it prompted me to reboot to take effect. Before I could even hit the start button to select restart, symantec popped up (despite never rebooting to activate the install) yelling at me that it caught a virus: antivirus 2009.

But, I prefer AVG over anything. Symantec is just what we use at work and it works.

symantic was on her computer when she got the virus. I'll try malwarebytes with avast and look to see if I can find norton's firewall 2002

If i am not mistaken i have that file some where on one of my old CD's. I will check today for it and let you know if i have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom