what the best anti spyware software to stop those win antivirus 2009 from installing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
what the best anti spyware software to stop those win antiviruses 2009 from installing? I fix these on a lot of computers these days, yet some people take their computer home and go back to the exact same site that they got it from in the 1st place and reinfect themselves all over again

Re: what the best anti spyware software to stop those win antivirus 2009 from install

avg 8 has stopped it for me. We have avg8 at work, and one day while doing some research, AVG popped up and said it stopped that from executing.

Re: what the best anti spyware software to stop those win antivirus 2009 from install

Avast has stopped it for me as well. But overall user knowledge is the best weapon. Sadly people dont understand to NOT click okay to everythign that pops up.

The one trick i did thta kinda helped was i added that to my word filter in my ad blocker. It has helped reduce the popups from it on some PC's. But not all.

avg and avast. ok

how did you set the word filter up?

Another way is to show users how to use the Task Manager. Do a search for something so that a popups appears. Show them how to close Internet Explorer without choosing an option to download, save, close or click the X in the top right hand corner of those boxes. IE will shutdown completely without installing that program.

Another way is to show users how to use the Task Manager. Do a search for something so that a popups appears. Show them how to close Internet Explorer without choosing an option to download, save, close or click the X in the top right hand corner of those boxes. IE will shutdown completely without installing that program.

it's funny that you said that. I did that the other day to a lady and her computer. why did I have to come back a week or so later to pick that computer back up as it was infected with it and she obviously forgot what I showed her?

that why I posted this thread

I remember when the lsass virus was going around. Was using Zone Alarm and I never got it while I had it installed. The day I uninstalled it for whatever reason is the day I got infected. ZA may have been blocking the port it was running on or whatever reason for me not being infected or it could have been a coincidence. See how that works, set the rules for her and test it out.

The word filter is a Opera specific file. Since i use Opera i can do that. It doesnt work as well for Firefox or IE. But there might be something with IE7Pro that can do it.

Avg and Comodo firewall make a good bulletproof combo. But Comodo is not very good for those who don't understand what the popup warnings are all about.

comodo and zone alarm are too complicated for them to use. I dislike avg because it thinks everything is a virus. it won't let me do a windows update because it says some of it's files is a virus. it might be right on that point though.

I wish that I could get my hands on a norton firewall (that preconfigures everything) that didn't come in a AV suite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom