weird vista error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrandomhero

Solid State Member
i installed service pack 2 for vista 64 bit and now my windows are all jacked up, everything but windows explorer, like going to my documents, my computer, etc, in the computer all runs in vista aero fine, i can see through the top, the top bar looks like it and everything, but when i get on internet explorer or some other programs it looks like classic, but the letters are all jacked up, i can barely see the X - and maximize and i can only have one tab open at a time. whats goin on here and how can i fix it?
:confused::confused:

Try re-installing your video drivers, I'm just guessing thou, my system worked fine after the Service Pack.

Hmm, try to system restore to before SP2 was installed. Then reinstall SP2 see if that works.

System restore won't restore files, and Im guessing installing a service pack changes alot of files.

It'll just change your configs back.

System Restore will not restore your personal files, but it will restore the system settings. hence the name Restore. It will act like SP2 was never installed.

If you have any files or programs installed since the install of SP2 i would back them up, then run the Restore. As it will take your system back to that exact setup of before you installed SP2.

i cant restore to before SP2 was installed, the earliest is when the service pack was installed, i created one before and now its not showing up.

any other suggestions? thanks.

Backup your files and reinstall. Will be your best bet at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom