Weird Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not hidden files.
I have a huge list of programs. But these were most of the programs that I had run after the last time I cleaned the files.
1. Azureus
2. Konfabulator
3. Google Desktop
4. Zonealarm
5. Windowblinds
6. Maxthon browser (with roboform and net snippets).
7. Windows Media player
8. Winamp

These are pretty much what I use often. Do you suspect any one of these.
I looked at the time these files were modified or created.
These seems to be nothing on the event viewer at this time.

Heres a list of what i see on c:\debugoutput.txt

goes on....

This is what I see on 78875.sym when I open it with notepad

ݦAºåQ5AaåÜ[Õs©IQwwŽ¹Õ×CXv6Oçª3ÏAJƒŒHónŽh–‰+
OÉ×)Cs\h]à(ˆ=²È˜_ oÄõÃl«ð?”F \ú¯:HÁ]§á˜0^cX\Û-wÊnã_ôNqæŸÙqì¥1ÙªÌØÊaI½Mˆ,IøÉçI¡y|IÇ ÀètY 7–r¦!"¹UÍ5zcô S˖ÁÓPoAj‡µ0

and similar stuff....

Once again thanks for the interest you take in solving this problem.

heres a thought...
When you deleted this file yesterday, did you restart after that ?
Which of these apps do you have running on startup ?

I'm thinking that one of your programs is programmed with C++ and its dubugging something. When did you notice this happening? I'm thinking Konfab. might be doing this, I will download it tonight and see what I can find.

I deleted the files and restarted my system. They are not getting created on restart. This pretty much rules out all the startup programs in the tray.
Gotcha!!!Now when i poked around I think I found the culprit. I am using a program called Kill Winamp to close winamp after a specific time or after a specific number of songs.
As soon as i open this utility I see that the debugoutput.txt file is being created.So this is the guy who has been causing this trouble.
It didnt create 78875.sym but I will keep a watch on this fellow and see if this is the one who created the sym file too.
Thanks for helping me track this culprit.
I will let you know which program created the 78875.sym file. It might be useful for someone in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom