Weird email problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aye29

Daemon Poster
I have been having problems with my email. Some of the messages I receive look normal but others look weird. I have attached a screenshot of an odd email. I know that the stuff I have highlighted in blue is not supposed to be there and was not written by the sender. Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Thanks

Attachments

• cpuz4.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 36
Addition:
When I open the email in Outlook 2002, the message looks fine. Also the email account is a University of California, Irvine school account. I dont know if this helps or not.

The weird stuff your seeing is actually HTML code, it makes things bold, underlined and an array of other things..
the

you see are differenet paragraphs, the
you see are break tags they put

a line in between stuff.. Outlook defaulst to render the html tags for you so you don't see them, and they format the text accordingly.
Your school email might have an option to turn on html mail, you just gotta search for it. But it might not beucase alot of spam email is 70%+ html, so that they have big text and stuff like that to get your attention.

You're not really missing out on anything "important" just formating of the text....

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom