Weird Audio Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Fully Optimized
Hey guys ,
Whenever im playing music in foobar and have FireFox open the sounds skips and plays faster sometimes. Also sometimes YouTube videos in firefox play fast and skip sound.

What could be the Issue ? Tried uninstalling flash also...

I have a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Dell edition and FF3.6

Thanks,
Preacher

Are the sounds in videos fast, or the picture as well? Do you have the latest version of Flash 10? Also, do you have the most recent drivers?

What OS? do you have the latest codecs? Does the audio do that as well if you dont have Firefox open?

I think you meant 32-Bit, lol. It's just a mistype, it happens. ;)

Do you have the latest Version of Firefox? Is your RAM or CPU usage high when you are running Firefox and the audio program? Use Task Manager to diagnose this.

If it doesnt happen with Firefox, then i would suggest you check out the resource usage FF has going on when this happens. I know from personal experience that FF can easily at times take up to almost a full GB of RAM. I have hit upwards of 750MB with jsut 2 tabs open. There is still a major memory leak even with the latest build that only certain people are experiencing.

Check that out and i can almost bet that is what is going on. Just restart Firefox and it will cause the resource usage to drop. At that point you should be able to continue on till it happens again. XD

So about 500MB? About 25% of all your resources. Seems like a lot if you ask me. The next thing to try is using a different browser just to test if it is Firefox that is causing it.

My FF is also consuming lot of mem ... 500MB is not a problem and then it could not exit - I have to kill it.
W7 x64 ... seems like FF is nto so good as it was?
Also problem of this guy here, is FF really so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom