Weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you first start up your computer, it should say press <some key> to enter setup. Depending on your computer, this could be a function key or often the delete key. Once you're in, you need to look around for something that says "boot device priority" or something like that. Then set the CD drive as the 1st priority. Once you've done that, save and exit the bios and then when it restarts, it should give you the prompt about "Press Any Key to Boot From CD" thing.

qt 3.14159 said:
When you first start up your computer, it should say press <some key> to enter setup. Depending on your computer, this could be a function key or often the delete key. Once you're in, you need to look around for something that says "boot device priority" or something like that. Then set the CD drive as the 1st priority. Once you've done that, save and exit the bios and then when it restarts, it should give you the prompt about "Press Any Key to Boot From CD" thing.

I tried starting my computer up with the XP upgrade disc in it and it doesn't say anything like that.

Would the deltree command do it for what I'm trying to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom