Webpage literally shakes in Moz. Firefox 1.0 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Webpage literally shakes in Moz. Firefox 1.0

Certain webpages shake up and down when i go to them, but sometimes they don't. I don't know what happened but this started occurring and i lost all my bookmarks after my comp restarted itself....any help?

EMachines T3025:
Creative Extigy, Creative 5300 5.1 Audio, Athlon XP 3000+, nVidia MX GeForce 4, Samsung 48x CD-R/W, Cendyne 4x DVD+R/RW, Deuce 160GB WD Caviars, ATI TV Wonder, Hitatchi SuperScan 811 21\" CRT, Logitech MX700, White/blue neon.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

What shaked? The content of FireFox or the entire screen or just the FireFox window itself?

Old 11-23-2004, 07:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

I think its your mouse wheel!!!
Old 11-23-2004, 07:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to sKaD Send a message via Yahoo to sKaD

Quote:
Originally posted by TheMajor
That's the first thing that came to my mind when I read his post..

http://img67.photobucket.com/albums/...4d/sig/sig.jpg
<font size=\"1\">System Specs:
<u>Work Machine</u>: Apple G5 w/ Dual 1.8GHz, 1GB PC3200 RAM, 180GB HDD - OS X.3

<u>Play Machine</u>: AMD Duron 1.6GHz, 512MB PC3200 RAM, 40GB HDD, Some Crapy Vid Card - Win XP Pro</font>
Old 11-23-2004, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Regarding the bookmarks, check what profile you're running Firefox under. Open Start>Programs>Mozilla Firefox>Profile Manager. If there are multiple profiles available, try them each to see if your bookmarks reside in a profile that for some reason is no longer the default.
Error: Keyboard not attached. Please press F1 to continue. <pre>-------OS----------Gentoo Linux-------<br>------Browser-----Mozilla Firefox-----</pre><form action="http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php" method="get"><input type="text" name="search"> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search the Forums, thanks to Emily"></form>

|||Official Forum Rules|||<hr>
Old 11-23-2004, 08:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
What shaked? The content of FireFox or the entire screen or just the FireFox window itself?
and

Quote:
I doubt it's my mouse wheel because 1) it only happens in Mozilla and started suddenly after the restart i mentioned, 2) i'm using a logitch mx700...high quality and i have been for about 6 months.

and the content of the page, not the whole window, as if i was twitching my scrolling finger.

Quote:
Originally posted by qiranworms
Regarding the bookmarks, check what profile you're running Firefox under. Open Start>Programs>Mozilla Firefox>Profile Manager. If there are multiple profiles available, try them each to see if your bookmarks reside in a profile that for some reason is no longer the default.
I don't have a profile manager, only "firefox" and "firefox safe mode"

EMachines T3025:
Creative Extigy, Creative 5300 5.1 Audio, Athlon XP 3000+, nVidia MX GeForce 4, Samsung 48x CD-R/W, Cendyne 4x DVD+R/RW, Deuce 160GB WD Caviars, ATI TV Wonder, Hitatchi SuperScan 811 21\" CRT, Logitech MX700, White/blue neon.
Closed Thread