Webcam Software Problem

mmasoud

Beta member
I have a HP Pavilion dv9005us Notebook PC that I bought around 2005. I had Windows XP on it and when Windows 7 came out, I decided to upgrade to Windows 7. Usually on HP computers, they have drivers to make softwares on the computer to function properly. When I upgraded to Windows 7, just got the windows 7 disc, formatting the hard drive, then installing Windows 7. When Windows 7 installed successfully I tried using softwares like skype or oovoo to video chat and I noticed that my webcam won't work at all. I thought the webcam didn't work because it didn't have its drivers so I looked at the HP website to see if it has drivers for the webcam but there wasn't. I wanted to ask some people on here to see if anyone had this problem or knows how to solve it.

No the light doesn't turn on. I tried testing the camera out on skype and it says that the camera is not found, which seems weird because it used to work and now that I have upgraded it doesn't.

I don't understand by what you said "Is it active with flash". And if it does not work with oovoo or skype, why would it work with chatroulette and I have tried it and it doesn't work.

Flash can activate your webcam, differently than a dedicated video software would. Check and see if it's enabled in the BIOS.

Could you tell me step by step where the flash settings are on the BIOS?

Thanks for your help

Ok, enter BIOS (setup menu @ startup,) there should be an option in the "devices" or "components" etc. tabs that says Webcam :)

Back
Top Bottom