webcam/security question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
Ok, here's whats up....Someone had been coming into my office(possibly using a key) and taking things off of and out of my desk. This is not a joke being played on me due to the objects and papers being taken. My company has no security camers, buti have a webcam for online meetings. My webcam has a program with it that i can record anything for any period of time. My question is, is there a program or a series of key strokes that i can use so that i can set my webcam to record, but the program is not seen on my desktop until i enter the key strokes or a password? I need to find a way to get this done, i've lost everything from small items such as food all the way up to confidential papers....thanks
oh and i'm running Windows XP.

My webcam has something called security where I turn it on and it waits until something happens and starts taking pictures of every moving thing.

i"ve checked all the setting that is on the program itself and it doesn't have a security one. I had a friend a while ago who could play hit a few keys on his board and whatever was running on the computer "dissapeared" until he hit them again. He kept his webcam in his cubicle like that and caught someone stealing. he's been transfered to Cal and i've lost all info on him so i can't get in touch with him. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I actually downloaded winstealth, and ran it while i was out for my break at 2....guess who it was...the damn janitor....WHO WAS ON PROBATION for stealing before! After i informed my manager and showed him the video, he called this guy's p.o. and he's in trouble....oh well, take stuff from me, i'll get ya! Thanks for the info.

I got winstealth from download.com and i didnt' have to pay 20...i didn't even see that i had too....oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom