Web-cam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadia

Beta member
hi ! I have a web-cam "Sony Pro Kit (CMR-PC3)". I used it when I had OS Windows 1998, but now I have OS Windows XP, and when I tried to install it, a message from the Windows popped up saying that it may not be compatible with Windows Xp because it's not tested, and it recommends me to find out if it is or not. So...how will I know if it is compatible or not, so as to go on with the installation or not ? do you know ? thank you very much !

Its a custom computer correct? All it is saying is that it may not work, however it does as you can tell. You can run a test and stuff to prove to your computer and make it shut up. Again u do not need :).
-blitze

thank you blitze for your answer, it's a custom computer indeed. But, the problem is that it doesn't just say that it may not work, it says that if I go on with the installation, it may cause severe provlems to my system if it's not compatible ! I said that it worked, but it worked when I used it with WINDOWS 98 ! I don't know now !! I haven't used it with Windows XP since it says that I may have sever problems !!

Actually… Microsoft charges companies to “add” their product to the list of compatible products, and a lot of companies just don’t do this. Chances are it will work (I would say about a 90% chance that it would work.) If it does not work, you can always switch on compatibility mode and select Windows 98.

If you are worried about it “damaging” your system, don’t be. This software was written by a trustworthy company (Sony) and will not damage your hardware. It will most likely not damage your software either. If you are worried that it will, do this:

Before installing the cam, go to
Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.

Now create a restore point.

Now if ANYTHING goes wrong with your install, you can always revert back.

Hope that helps

Dana thank you so much for your help!! I did all that you said. The camera now works perfectly alright and there was no problem with the system ! Thanks indeed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom