Ways to speed up Windows Boot Time and Performance???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hey guys. I am wondering. Would it be better to install programs, games, and etc on a secondary drive and leave the OS harddrive alone and leave it strictly for OS files and what not?

I am thinking of purchasing bigger harddrive (1TB+) to store my files in. I currently have it stored on a secondary 320GB HD. I would like to move everything from that drive to the new harddrive and then use the 320GB harddrive for programs, games, and etc that I install and are not Windows related.

I would like to keep the 150GB Raptor Drive for OS only. So I would need to start over from scratch, reinstall Windows Vista, and reformat the 320GB HD.

Do you guys think this will help increase the performance of my computer in the long run? Windows starts to slow down over time and I am trying to see if this can be avoided by installing all other programs on a secondary harddrive.

Weird... so I did just that, did a fresh install and then changed the registry so that it will install all my programs into the secondary drive, well I did the vista rating and it used to be 5.9 but now it went down to 5.5 for my RAM and 5.6 for my HD :( All were 5.9s Index Rating before :( Oh well

You need to move your pagefile, not your games and programs. Also do not believe a single thing of the Vista WEI ratings. I know in the Vista Discussion thread i hacked my score to show an 11. It can also be hacked in Win7. They are useless pieces of information that do nothing for nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom