Way to Improve Vista!`

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane12m

In Runtime
Hey guys for those of you that have vista premium on your newly purchased machine, you may find certain things to run slowly...well one thing you can do to really speed up your performance is by disabling Aero!

here is how.

1)right click on your desktop

2)click personalize

3)then go to window Color and appearance

4)Change the color scheme from Aero to Vista Basic

5) and there you go you will see a drastic improvement in your games if they where running strangely slow.

I hope that helps some of you because it helped me alot!

yeah usually this will result in a significant performance increase if the system has a low amount of RAM and/or VRAM.

vista basic scheme is rubbish, good idea though, another thing go- run. type msconfig- startup, deselect all. that makes it about 25% faster when loading up the desktop, also those sidebar gadgets slow down your pc too

If your going to do that why not just go into the system properties and change it to one of hte other choices? Why just choose Vista Basic?

There is also a way to have the Vista Aero theme shut down with just a key stroke. Plus there is a way to have the Aero theme shut off when you open certain games. Which is what i do all the time.

So you dont have to lose Aero to increase performance. Even Aero doesnt use that much resoucres. WDM only uses about 20-30kb. Which is far less than just about anything running.

Also you can BUY MORE RAM which will increase your performance. So you dont have to try and start threads like this which are pointless. Vista was tested for over 2 years. There are less bugs in this than there ever was in XP. Get over it already.

I agree with Makaveli213 I have an alternative choice which is far better, Aero is always on, but when f.ex a game or a program which need a lot of ram and CPU is turned off. This is not prechosen on all games. It can be done this way. Select program which when it runs Aero will be turned off --> Right click --> Properties --> Compartibillity --> Mark "DISABLE DESKTOP COMPOSITION", you can also check Disable Visual themes to disable the backround I think. I'm not sure about the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom