Warez Monster has an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was having a lot of problems like yours. but i started notricing all those problems would happen when the pc's were joined in the company domain. this company domain has been messed up from the very beginning so it doesn't surprise me. but it's still frustrating. we've converted all servers to virtual and most of the problems disppeared.
what i could understand from your postings is that they work fine until you join them to the domain...
i know this doesn't solve the problems but i thought it might help to redirect where you look at....

Where you able to pinpoint anything? Ive got the machine on the network domian right now but without the video drivers.

no, i wasn't able to pinpoint other than *something* in domain wasn't right. it could be structure, or just some corrupt data in it. i really don't know. if you have 2 identical machines, why dont' you try doing exact the same thing but only one of them in the domain and see if it makes any difference.
my point here is that it may not be the hardware settings.

btw, do you have any other (could be minor) problems on other pc's within the domain? are they running on win xp?

I finaly figured out my problem but it still makes no sense. I usually add another admin account called captain. I had it sent to the Columbus, OH plant and they used the standard image since I make my own. Well they dont add another admin account for rename the administrator account for some reason. But the guy that did it, logged in fine to the domain. So I got it back, added office 2003 and a few other items, including the captain account and it was corrupted again as soon as I joined the domin. So I re-imaged it again, this time with out adding the captain account, and it worked just fine. What I want to know is why? Why don't this happen on the laptops? This is confusing but atleast I got it figured out

No I didnt. I'm still not content that the problem is fixed since it dont happen on the other machines yet. I'll give it a week or so and see if the machines have any problems logging on. This wasted a lot of my time but atleast I stuck with it and figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom