Want to know rights of XP - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 08:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to tommyboy123x

hes clearly up to date, that annoyance thing is an update that came out a few days ago (a week?)

just search for "genuine validation tool" and get some kind of code like KB8xxxxx, then go to add/remove programs, check the box on top that says "show windows updates" and then remove the right update. Ignore all the crap about programs not working, but make sure to back up your data with the NT back up utility

also, if you want updates from the site, try searching www.google.com for "javascript genuine check boing boing" w/o the quotation marks.

then yeah, just wait till vista is my advice. No sense in buying XP now. everyone thinks that too, just look at the stock of M$

well if vista = next year first quarter..... you might want to buy xp

i just bought xp a few weeks ago, but it was because i really needed it (i had home)

Dollar Hauler [dot] Com :)
Old 05-25-2006, 02:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Hmmm... It hasn't come up yet today.

Btw. Someone told MS about that and they sorted it apparently. I will try it next time though.

I refuse to buy XP again though, I already paid full for a legit copy of XP pro and will not buy it again.

Edit: It came up.

Cisco CCNA, Comptia A+, 1/3 through CCNP
Old 05-25-2006, 09:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by tommyboy123x
hes clearly up to date, that annoyance thing is an update that came out a few days ago (a week?)

just search for "genuine validation tool" and get some kind of code like KB8xxxxx, then go to add/remove programs, check the box on top that says "show windows updates" and then remove the right update. Ignore all the crap about programs not working, but make sure to back up your data with the NT back up utility

also, if you want updates from the site, try searching www.google.com for "javascript genuine check boing boing" w/o the quotation marks.

then yeah, just wait till vista is my advice. No sense in buying XP now. everyone thinks that too, just look at the stock of M$

well if vista = next year first quarter..... you might want to buy xp

i just bought xp a few weeks ago, but it was because i really needed it (i had home)
I know, when I try to run Windows Update I had to redownload the Genuine Advantage tool thing and it had to re-check my computer...
Old 05-25-2006, 06:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to tommyboy123x

good thing your legit lol

Dollar Hauler [dot] Com :)
Closed Thread