Want to delete 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Se7eN

Beta member
A while ago, I installed xp on my desktop, but I was silly and kept 2000. So, everytime I boot, it asks me which OS to use. I think I went into my virus-ridden 2000 once since then. Now, I'm running out of space and want to erase it. I thought it was on a different partition, but when I booted from my xp cd, there was only one partition to delete. I don't have a 2000 cd or any idea how to do this. please help.

Well the only thing i can think of is to runa virus scan it should catch the viruses in 2000. From there the WinNT folder is for 2000 install so that might be able to be deleted. Aside from that i would say get anpther hard drive cause the only real solution is to back up and format and reinstall XP.

just delete the WINNT folder and then remove the windows 2000 entry from the BOOT.INI file. You can do it easily via START>RUN>MSCONFIG

Win2kpatcher said:
just delete the WINNT folder and then remove the windows 2000 entry from the BOOT.INI file. You can do it easily via START>RUN>MSCONFIG

Exactly...Cant remember but does 2000 have check all boot paths to choose which one to delete?

Warez Monster said:
Exactly...Cant remember but does 2000 have check all boot paths to choose which one to delete?

No but if it is erased from XP cant you just do the boot.ini fix from there and not have to worry about 2000 having it or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom