WAIK!!! It is simply amazing!!! Some questions though

It will depend on what licensing method you are using. This Licensing and Volume Activation page from the Springboard Series on TechNet has a ton of articles on activating KMS and MAK (both of the volume key types).
This article shows what unattend setting to use to input the product key (Microsoft-Windows-Setup | UserData |ProductKey). Finally, this thread discusses using scripting for activation and to remove the unattend file after deployment so that your product key is not left on the deployed system in unencrypted form. More on the RunSynchronous and RunAsynchronous commands to run scripts during deployment.

Hope this helps,
David
Windows Outreach Team - IT Pro

It will depend on what licensing method you are using. This Licensing and Volume Activation page from the Springboard Series on TechNet has a ton of articles on activating KMS and MAK (both of the volume key types).
This article shows what unattend setting to use to input the product key (Microsoft-Windows-Setup | UserData |ProductKey). Finally, this thread discusses using scripting for activation and to remove the unattend file after deployment so that your product key is not left on the deployed system in unencrypted form. More on the RunSynchronous and RunAsynchronous commands to run scripts during deployment.

Hope this helps,
David

Hmm not totally sure this helps me, as I am not going to activate the windows at all, I just want it to skip the activation menu. This isn't to big of a concern to me though as I'm more curious to find out how I can add multiple images onto my hd so for example when I boot off my hd I can have an option to choose between what image I want to actually install. I'm sure it's possible just not totally sure how to go about it.

Hope this helps,
David

Hmm not totally sure this helps me, as I am not going to activate the windows at all, I just want it to skip the activation menu. This isn't to big of a concern to me though as I'm more curious to find out how I can add multiple images onto my hd so for example when I boot off my hd I can have an option to choose between what image I want to actually install. I'm sure it's possible just not totally sure how to go about it.

anyone know how to add multiple images?

Doubtful you will find that information here. The reason is simple. WAIK is used mainly for businesses. This is a personal and consumer forum. We have no need to use WAIK when we can install Windows, use CloneZilla or FOG and have a direct image in far less time than anything WAIK can do for us. You need to go to the TechNET Forums and ask there. They are made for this type of use.

Doubtful you will find that information here. The reason is simple. WAIK is used mainly for businesses. This is a personal and consumer forum. We have no need to use WAIK when we can install Windows, use CloneZilla or FOG and have a direct image in far less time than anything WAIK can do for us. You need to go to the TechNET Forums and ask there. They are made for this type of use.

alright cool, I'm just trying to get some practice for business you and I would like to have a external hd with multiple images for every flavor of windows :) That would really make my day lol. Thanks for the suggestion Ksod.

I can understand what your trying to do. That is why I suggested the TechNET Forums and gave a link. Cause that is the IT Pro forum from Microsoft. But the fact is our site here is mainly end user and consumer based. While I do know of WAIK and have used it, it is still far more practical for me to create an Image using other software other than WAIK. ;)

Back
Top Bottom