W7 clean install

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I bought an upgrade to Vista Home Premium and am going to install W7 Pro. When I do it through the os side it won't let me delete the OEM partition. Do I need to do the clean install the normal way then?

I don't think you can do a clean install if you've purchased an upgrade instead of the retail or OEM full version.

I can do a clean install. I just did but may have done a boo boo. I was in a hurry and did not pay attention right away and deleted one of the partitions that said oem on it. It was a small partition but it still said oem. Will anything happen because of it?

You can do a clean install with upgrade media. It is not supported by Microsoft cause it is not a valid practice. Since they dont support it cause you are using the media for purposes that it is not intended, we will not offer support.

No, when you I have premium and I want pro there is no way to upgrade so you have to go to the second choice that they have and wipe out the old os and go with the new. That would be considered a clean install, right?
There is nothing wrong with this.

I have Vista Home Premium so no anytime upgrade. Also, I am going from 64bit down to 32bit which it won't let happen. I think 64 to 64 would have been fine. This laptop will be used for several things mainly with both things not working with 64bit OS which sucks but that is that way it is. I don't know what to do. Actually 32bit Vista would have been fine but I could not pass up the deal I got on this laptop but I am beginning to believe that getting a 32 bit OS will be a pain.

I do have a question about an upgrade compared to a full version. Does an upgrade have less things in it? I know this is minor but when I went to games there were no games there. Is that right? Or does W7 Pro not have any games?

I have Vista Home Premium so no anytime upgrade. Also, I am going from 64bit down to 32bit which it won't let happen. I think 64 to 64 would have been fine. This laptop will be used for several things mainly with both things not working with 64bit OS which sucks but that is that way it is. I don't know what to do. Actually 32bit Vista would have been fine but I could not pass up the deal I got on this laptop but I am beginning to believe that getting a 32 bit OS will be a pain.

I do have a question about an upgrade compared to a full version. Does an upgrade have less things in it? I know this is minor but when I went to games there were no games there. Is that right? Or does W7 Pro not have any games?

You should beable to downgrade from 64 bit to 32 bit

i went from 32 bit to 64 bit so im pretty sure you can go from 64 to 32 =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom