w7 audiodg using 50% cpu (dual core cpu)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
hey guys after installing windows 7 and playing around with it i decided to use it as my main OS now and now it has this annoying audiodg symptom which lags my sound and stutters alot. the only way to fix it is to restart it but it would come back any time. i have disabled all enhancements and my sound drivers are up to date and also i couldn't find any more info on the web and stuck with this. i've got this previously in windows vista and has anyone else experienced this?

Go into the Control Panel under Sound. there click on the Speakers and click Properties. There click teh Advanced Tab. Turn off the Audio Enhancements.

Will take down the process and resources used.

It should be there. I have not seen a install without it. So i cant tell you how to get it back cause i have never seen it gone.

Most likely it is cause you are using onboard which cant do the effect, if that is the case you will have to wait for proper drivers from the manufacturer.

Audiodg.exe is driven by the audio drivers. It is the new process for the sound in Vista/Win7. So it will start with the Drivers.

Which is why you seen it in Vista and Win7 but not XP. Cause the sound was changed in Vista and Win7 compared to XP.

What sound card or sound device are you using?

They do have a updated driver out that is compatible with the RTM Build from what i have heard. Maybe they arent compatible with the RC Build though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom