W2K - what do you think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
So while I wait to purchase Vista (before or after vacation) I figure I go ahead and maybe do an updated slipstream version of Windows 2k. Barring any difficulties, it should work ok with my new hardware right?

Anyone know the "limits" of what software it can and cannot run? ie., only IE6, what version of MP, is it SMP capable (will it see my E6600 as 2 cpus and use them?).

Right now I am reading up what I can...anybody know if the new versions of Live Messenger or Yahoo messenger work with it? I am hoping my webcam will function on it. lol

Dang that's kinda weird, going to Vista we can have support concerns...and going sub retro can have concerns too. :p

Gonna see if I can get a good VPC version of this thing working to test this weekend.

schweet!!! thanks on that :) My beautiful old school Windows 2k Pro holographic disc....man I haven't used that in so long and I am glad I never lost it.

hmmmm....good to test...I got my VPC W2k with SP4, and hotfix running...now I need to collect some more usable apps. This is fun...in a geeky treasure hunt sort of way :p

when I go to install wmp 10 it will stop and tell the this is a 16 bit OS, setup can't continue

welp, read this

What do I need to install Windows Media Player 10?
Installing Windows Media Player 10

it's the second 1 down, don't even need to click their link

like i said before, windows 2k is 32-bit and supports windows media player 9

i don't know why it says it's 16-bit when you install, unless your running FAT-16...which i doubt.
i'm not a programmer, but obviestly something wasn't compatible with the 10 version on 2K.......
could of been around the time microsoft said they were not supporting 2K anymore except for security updates.

welp, read this

like i said before, windows 2k is 32-bit and supports windows media player 9

i don't know why it says it's 16-bit when you install, unless your running FAT-16...which i doubt.
i'm not a programmer, but obviestly something wasn't compatible with the 10 version on 2K.......
could of been around the time microsoft said they were not supporting 2K anymore except for security updates.

maybe it was the old as heck computers that I was trying to install wmp 10 on after I install 2000

welp, read this

Really now. I just checked the "requirements" for WMP10 and no where on there does it says Windows 2000.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Media Center Edition, or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

It will install on Server 2003. But no where on there does it say that 2000 is even support. So i will have to agree with Eric and say that it isnt gonna install cause it isnt supported even by their site standards.

Same thing for IE7. Their site doesnt even allow you to download it if you dont have XP or Server 2003. So that isnt compatable with Windows 2000 either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom