W2K User profiles corrupted or missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

noserub

Beta member
Does anyone know what would cause my system (W2K, home computer) to not be able to load my user profile? It gave me a blue screen and then would restart. When I put the W2K installation disk in (with CD as 2nd boot device) it loads a temporary user profile (without any of my preferences for system settings, LAN, etc.). I ended up reinstalling the whole thing, after f%$king up the registry using regedit...but I want to know what happened, so that I can prevent it in the future, if possible.

Any help is appreciated!

Somehow those files became corrupted and had to be re-installed, Why who knows, files are corrupted on a daily basis. If not we wouldn't have anything to do. But seriously someone here will probably have a better explanation than this. At least yer back up!!!:D

the most common windows files are in the registry, and the Windows dll files. because there are so many of them one of them is bound to become corrupt.
the Windows blue screen has been designed to tell you "SOMETHING IS IMMINENTLY WRONG!!" (quite common on a 98 machine) and will give you the option to reboot and avoid damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom