vsmon.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
Does anybody have any idea what the application vsmon.exe does? The reason I ask is that when I go to the task manager and look at the processes running, it shows it as taking up a lot of darn RAM. I did a search to find out what folder its in and its in two folderss, one for my antivirus and one in the systems32/zonelabs folder. The amount of RAM its taking up is not cool at all and i wanted to end the process but not sure if it would crash my system. Need some enlightenment on this.

Vsmon is an essential part of Zone Alarm firewall. Leave it alone if you want your firewall to funtion properly.

That's interesting....I have EZ Armor firewall, not Zonelab. Hmmmm maybe EZ Armor uses the Zonelab platform or style. I'll have to check that out some how. Maybe Zonelab and EZ armor are the same just packaged under different names.

Vsmon.exe being apart of a firewall would explain why it was running at 278 Mb RAM this morning when I got up. I had left Bearshare (yes, I'm guilty of sharing music....bad bad jak) running all night long. Bot I won't do that again!

By the way, thanks for getting back to me so darned quick. I appreciate it ppl.

Never ever at all. EZ armor is the first and only firewall i ever had. It seems to do what i want especially since i can't beat the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom