VMware

FoxiStatis

Baseband Member
Hey guys I'm new to the forums so I hope I posted in the right area.

I just recently installed VMware on my Windows 7 computer and wanted to start an FTP server with Solaris. This isn't the issue just thought i would put in some background stuff. The computer broke and now I can't even put anything on it until I get the parts. :OhGodWhy:

But my question is, is it possible to transfer the image of Solaris from my VMware to the other computer I'm trying to put it on. IF you need any information please let me know, I'll be happy to post more.

Should be able to. I remember one of my professors distributing a WinME VM image for us to use for some of our assignments, and we all downloaded the same image / imported into VMWare Player.

Thanks for the reply, but my real question is do you have any idea what the name of process would be? Because I'm completely lost and I really want to get this project done before these parts get here.

Dang, now I feel stupid. Well, I guess thanks. But it will carry all the things I've done to the OS and bring it over to the next computer? Guess ill try that >.> *walks away into a corner feeling stupid*

Yes, what you are copying is the virtual disk image of the OS. After you copy it to the new location, bring up VMWare and select "Open Virtual Machine" then navigate to where you saved the machine and open the .vmx file for the machine. If there is different hardware (such as new computer doesn't have CD/DVD drive while original did) then you may have to make some slight adjustments in the settings but other than that you should be good to go.

Thanks man, I was joking :p. :FuManchu: I just joined the forums and it was good first post reply :) So you guys have a good day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom