VLC w/ Dual Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spit-wad

Bake a Pretty Cake!
Setup: Dell Monitor as primary, Sharp 32" TV as secondary monitor.

When I move VLC over to the TV and click the maximize button, it maximizes on my dell monitor.

The only workaround I've found so far is setting VLC to minimal view, then toggling fullscreen on.

If I do a VLC playlist and it switches tracks, it toggles off fullscreen mode, so I have to get up... plus I'd rather click one button to make it work instead of doing that workaround.

A guy at work said he noticed the same thing, and has not found a better solution...

Any idea how to make this work?

I found this: Quickfix: VLC fullscreen dual monitor: wrong monitor! jb's open source blog
But I have no “XVideo extension video output” option.

a simple yes will do. I don't read signatures

use nvidia setting to do it.

I was saying that if any of my other specs mattered, they were there...

And could you please be a bit more specific?

it's here if you have a regular tv hooked up. I have a hdtv and the option doesn't show up on it for some reason

Nvidia.jpg

What should I be looking for in here?

I don't think this is the right track to fixing the problem... everything I found through google had instructions for the VLC preferences fix like I posted in the first post.

It's not a problem with any other application besides VLC... and I don't want everything to maximize to the TV, just VLC... and not always, just when it's on that screen.

forget about it then. nvidia control panel has an option "to always show videos in full screen" on the second monitor when it detect a television, but your atitude is peeing me off so go back to google

forget about it then. nvidia control panel has an option "to always show videos in full screen" on the second monitor when it detect a television, but your atitude is peeing me off so go back to google

u mad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom