VLC -- LOOPING .WMA file bombs out

MosnaR

Solid State Member
Hello all,

I have never asked a question in this forum. I usually offer a little advice and read a lot. But in this case I have hit a snag at work and can't seem to find the answer. I need to loop a .WMA file on startup without clicking the loop back button in VLC . The loop back button does work I have tested it multiple times.

I've tried several command lines and they all kick back error message:

"Unable to open MRL"

Here's what I do know:

1. The file does play fine in VLC as long as I select the file manually.
2. loop back button does work fine
3. everytime I try the command lines I have found online VLC acts like it can not read the .wma file and throws up the UNABLE TO OPEN MRL errors.
4. I thought maybe the file name was was case sensitive in the command line so I have tried that as well but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated I need to get this pc up and running for our display booth in our office.

Thanks in advance.

MosnaR

Does the file path have spaces in it? If so, wrap the path in quotes.

Is it on a location where VLC has access to it, i.e. does it have permissions?

Is it a local file path or a network path?

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply.

The file is stored locally. I ended up writing a batch file that launched VLC and found the arguments that looped anything in a folder. Needless to say I was stressing out over something that ended up taking me about 3 minutes to resolve when I calmed down enough to think about the easiest way to resolve the issue. BATCH FILE on start up.

Thanks Carnage for the input.

Back
Top Bottom