Visual Studio 2005 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 10:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Default Visual Studio 2005

With all the chaos of trying to get in touch with my uncle before thanksgiving and gathering parts before thanksgiving I haven't had the time to keep up to date on my software.

I have to say that the Visual Studio 2005 Suit is a great improvement over VS .NET 2003. It allows for programing on mobile apps just as 2003 did but can also emulate your programs in case you do not have the right tools to test your apps with. I'm also impressed with the 64 bit coding and I'll be sure to explore more in depth on that area.

Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 11-16-2005, 11:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to Dark_Sniper* Send a message via Yahoo to Dark_Sniper*

its nice and great and free legal free from microshzz. Still very nice loving to learn how to program with it.

Old 11-16-2005, 11:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I'm not aware about the free (non express) part but it is a great product.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 11-17-2005, 12:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie

all the express editions including mySQL are free from nov 6 or 7, 2005 till nov 6 or 7, 2006, just beware of bugs LOL
Old 01-22-2006, 01:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Default Another Member of the Visual Studio Family Due Soon

Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, a piece of what's likely to be known as "Visual Studio Team System 2006," is almost soup.

Team Foundation Server is a software lifecycle tool designed to improve software development team collaboration.

Team Foundation Server is also a complementary piece of Microsoft's application-management family of products, other members of which include Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Default VS Team Foundation Server Due in March

As the VSLive! conference gets underway in San Francisco Monday, Soma Somasegar, corporate vice president of Microsoft's Developer Division,

announced that Visual Studio Team Foundation Server will arrive in March and serve as the cornerstone for the VS 2005 Team System.

The software was built to better manage application development. "Team Foundation Server is designed to provide a single collaboration point for developers, testers, project managers and architects," Somasegar explained. "The Visual Studio Team System offers role-based tools for Architects, Testers, Developers, Designers and Managers."
Old 01-30-2006, 10:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Visual Studio rocks using x64 and it adds ability to make some wicked programs.

Closed Thread