Visual Basic Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Mr Beans Sidekick
Ok i just installed VB Express 08 and when I try and create a new project I get this error??

Requested registry access is not allowed

Try right clicking on the executable or shortcut of the application and use the Run as Administrator. See if that works.

Had the same problem, it's a problem with the permissions in the registry. Basically, Administrator doesn't have access to the key required by VS. Solution:

!! CLOSE VISUAL STUDIO FIRST !!

Step 1: Download subinacl.msi from the link
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=23418 and install it.

Step 2: Browse to C:/Program Files/Windows Resource Kits/Tools/ and create a file called vs2008fix.txt

Step 3: Open the file you created, and inside copy-paste:

Code Block
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VisualStudio.vbproj.9.0 /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VisualStudio.vbproj.9.0 /grant=users=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VisualStudio.vbproj.9.0 /grant=system=f

Step 4: Save the file and change the file extension to ".cmd". Then Start > Run. Type "cmd" (without the quotes) and type:

cd C:/Program Files/Windows Resource Kits/Tools

Step 5: Press Enter. Then type:

vs2008fix.cmd

Step 6: Wait until it completes, then start Visual Studio again. You should be able to create project/files of any type.

I have

Program files
Program file (x86)

I only have Windows Resource Kit folder in (x86) and so I made that file and made it .cmd in there and went to the right area in the cmd but I get this msg

vs2008fix.cmd is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom