Vista...yea..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddymofo

Baseband Member
Ok well i built my new system and vista to say the least, is disappointing..it just isnt running as nice as id hoped. Alot of things arent responding, so far half life 2 and counterstrike source do not work because "hl2.exe has stopped working" and blaarrrrrrg...i am so close to partioning and installing a copy of xp on this thing untill microsoft actually release so useful patchs, all hail SP1...if it comes out this century...

I run HL2 and CS:S with no issues. So maybe it is your system??

Also SP1 is almost finished and should be released early next year. So yeah if you dont like it then dont FREAKING use it. Dont bash it cause you cant figure it out.

Its probably just your system. I run all games just fine on mine and I have 64-Bit OS. I never had any issues with incompatibility at all. GH3 crashed once, I dont know how but I was trying to change guitars and it stopped working. But now its working fine, not sure what happened there but it wasn't the end of the world, I've been playing GH3 now without any problems.

At least you can use vista. Every **** time i try to boot into my vista partition i get a bsod. So i reset the cmos, nothing overclocked, everything auto, and i cant even boot into the dvd to reinstall vista.
Going
to
break
something
soon.

Can i just Ask.. What is so bad about vista.. for people that say it runs slow to be honest mine Runs Pretty quick and Supports most programmes

veedubfreak how come your Vista doesnt work then.. is it hardware problems or something

I dont know what the **** is going on. I'm on my xp partition right now. Vista started giving me issues last week so i decided to reinstall it last night and everytime i try i get a bsod. I'm running out of ideas.

I think it doesnt like my memory, even though its running at stock speed and much looser timings than stock.

Can i just Ask.. What is so bad about vista.. for people that say it runs slow to be honest mine Runs Pretty quick and Supports most programmes

veedubfreak how come your Vista doesnt work then.. is it hardware problems or something

Because Dell and HP and everyone else sells Vista on these ****** $500 computers. Then when the customer gets them, they complain about how slow it is when it only has 512 megs of RAM. Then even one else jumps onto the bandwagon and bashes Vista even though they've never tried it.

I'm with you dude. I've had no major problems that I couldn't fix...most of them were caused by me too. All of the programs I use work perfectly too...with the exception of the ATiTool driver.

veedub it could be your BIOS or something else as well. Could be hardware related. Have you tried to do any updates at all? I know that some motherboards have had BIOS issues with Vista. If you could get the stop error we could help you out.

Vista isnt that bad. You do haev to do a little more work with it. But being PC Enthusists i thought that is what we did for fun? Worked with PC;s to overcome these hardships? Maybe i am wrong. But i know tha ti enjoy working with Vista and within Vista. I am gong to try out Server 2008 now and see hwo that compares to vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom