Vista or XP .. Vista or XP ...hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
75% of the software does NOT work properly on vista, and thats if you tend to use software other than games or MS Word.

Really? Then how come almost every program I've tried to use on vista has worked fine? Only one or two had problems. I have used multiple memory cards as well...no problems there either. The only BSODs I have had was one related to a video card driver. An update solved that in a second. Any other BSODs were caused by me. Interestingly, I had more problems with XP on our old laptop that I've had with Vista on this computer.

shdwsclan, I don't know where you get off telling people that nothing works right on Vista, when others have been using Vista for a long time, and have reported no major problems with it. Seems that almost every day there is at least one Vista related thread where someone says that the OS is working fine for them.

DVD Shrink does work.
Nero from version 7.5.9.0 on works in Vista.
PowerDVD does work.
Adobe CS2 and CS3 work just fine for me.

Basically your whole post is full of garbage. If you cant run these apps then there is something wrong with YOUR machine. I have shown several screenshots of me running these apps. If you want i will put them up again.

Jsut cause your machine is low end and cant run VIsta right doesnt mean that others cant. Get over yourself and stop trying to get people off Vista. They may like it and you dont have to push your opinion on others. Let them make up thier own mind. That is why it is called free will.

Plus i can tell you that 75% is WAY WRONG.

Windows Vista RTM Software Compatibility List - IeXwiki

That list in the wiki there tells me way more that 75% of the apps WORK in Vista. I guess you just dont know anything about that now huh. I have shown my proof where is your that these things dont work??

75% of the software does NOT work properly on vista, and thats if you tend to use software other than games or MS Word.

Well i must be using the 25% of software that works because i have had no problems :rolleyes:

Very bias review shdwsclan.

hello there, i would suggest you paying the extra 50 bucks for vista (i dont know how much it costs without the laptop but i guess a bargain is a bargain!).

Anyway, within the few years ahead vista maybe the the next "standard" (not saying standard, Im just saying many average users use windows i dont want to start a windows vs linux war now) OS so ALL and every new programs are bound to be supported.

besides you could just borrow a win XP cd off a mate or something, anyway its you're choice.

I prefer XP x64
it's
* faster
* less buggy
* 64-bit
* doesn't require signed drivers (Vista 64 does)
* can use EAX 5.0 natively, without converting calls to OpenAL (I have an X-Fi)

Vista 64 Bit you can get around the signed drivers....

stick with xp...not even 64bit(sorry apok)
ive been back an forth with vista ultimate 4 times already and i dont think ill ever go back.
I have a high end pc so i know its vista....and whenever i go back to xp, i feel satisfied.

Vista has its problems and sure it might be solved, but i dont really see a benefit from it. Im not tryin to flame it or anything, but xp does work faster and you dont have to worry about incompatibilities as much.
Bill gates even agreed that vista sucks...so what does that tell you.

Gaming is better, file transfers are FASTER, sure it doesnt look as good as vista( but is that all we really get a pc for...looks?

Ppl who love vista will defend it and same goes vice versa.
Ive tried both and im just giving you my experience and opinion.

stick with xp...not even 64bit(sorry apok)
why not 64-bit?
It's just as stable as 32-bit. And there are plenty of drivers for it.

64-bit code is also faster than 32-bit code. And you can run 4GB or more of RAM.

Though I've heard Vista 64 actually has problems with having exactly 4GB RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom