Vista/XP Questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

internationalballr

Solid State Member
I have a friend who's dad bought her a laptop for graduation. (Toshiba Satellite with like 512mb RAM) With vista being so much of a resource hog, is there anything I can disable to help with her load speeds? It's seriously painfully slow. When I asked about switching it over to XP, we called and they said that it would void her warranty. :-\

Anyways, my question is about XP. I've seen the Vista Transformation pack on this forum, but some guys seemed a little weary about it. Something about not being able to just simply uninstall it later. Is there any other programs out that have a "True" vista look. I think that it looks sweet as can be, but I'm jut not impressed with it's compatibility issues.

I know you hear these a lot, and I did search, maybe jus the wrong things..

I think there are a few WindowBlind themes that are pretty close. WindowBlinds isn't free, though.

IT depends on which version of Vista that the laptop came with. If it is basic then i would wager to guess that there is trial software on there that is hleping slow ti down. Like Norton or McAfee.

As for XP. The only real substitute i have found is Windowsblinds. As stated by Trotter. It isnt free. And as of right now they have not completely duplicatied Vista. The windows are totally transparent. When they release version 6 of windowsblinds then you will get the blurry effect. They finally figured out how to do that. But they have not released version 6 yet. They have not even put it into Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom