vista..or XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z e i g

In Runtime
i have acually read up on this now and idono wht to get...this is wht i have gathered so far...

vista--
pros:comes with anti spywear already in it, runs great
cons: problomes running some games, freezes, CAN end up being a huge pain but not always

XP-
pros:most people already know it, runs
cons: well i coudln't really find any..

wht u guys think?

If it's a new system id say buy a machine that would more than handle vista and put xp on it for now.

If it's an old PC put XP

Bruce has a point... Vista is eye-candy, but has bugs... I'm not switching until they come out with SP1 (at least) and XP is no longer supported. but have a system that can handle it regardless....

i have acually read up on this now and idono wht to get...this is wht i have gathered so far...

vista--
pros:comes with anti spywear already in it, runs great
cons: problomes running some games, freezes, CAN end up being a huge pain but not always

XP-
pros:most people already know it, runs
cons: well i coudln't really find any..

wht u guys think?
I personally say XP. Right now Vista is great and SP1 will be out in a couple months. But why get Vista and possibly cause yourself nothign but trouble (If you are unlucky enough to encounter them). Unless you are a avid gamer that wants games like Crysis and UT 3 i would say XP till at least next year when it isnt sold anymore.

if you're intelligent and capable, move up to Vista

if you're not and a little slow, stick to XP!

:D

I mean that in the most gentlest of ways to any out there reading this...

You know, there are some people, I'm sure we've known some...where they buy new software, that might need new or powerful hardware to run properly or at full experience....who, eventhough they read this on the box...still feel it is the publisher/software who is to blame because the new software cannot run so smoothly on old/weak/anemic hardware.

It's a great os for me, maybe good for some, and maybe crap for others...but the joys of choosing.

You know, there are some people, I'm sure we've known some...where they buy new software, that might need new or powerful hardware to run properly or at full experience....who, eventhough they read this on the box...still feel it is the publisher/software who is to blame because the new software cannot run so smoothly on old/weak/anemic hardware.

It's a great os for me, maybe good for some, and maybe crap for others...but the joys of choosing.

Apok is going to flog you good and hard if he sees this post..

I would but I am far to lazy to point out the wrongs in some of what your typed..

I know I stuck with XP simply cause I have no reason to switch to Vista. ATM, for what I'm using my rig for, Vista is not needed and wouldn't benifit me at all, besides I guess looking more like a Mac OS. And like others have said, I don't have any issues with XP, I know it inside and out and runs smooth and fast on new machines.
Luckly I didn't since there was a piece of hardware i use for do digital recording that is older and does not have support Vista.

Honestly after fixing peoples computer problems all day the last thing I want to do is come home and have to fix mine.I want something stable that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom