Vista(x86) privelage problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkupen

Fully Optimized
Quick rundown, I want to improve torrenting speeds by modifying my tcpip.sys file located in C:\Windows\System32\. I have a cracked .sys file that I want to replace it with but I get permission errors.

I have tried ...
1) Using cmd as admin to copy it.
2) Unlocking admin account and going from there to change permissions and copy over the file.
3) Safe mode.
4) Moving the cracked file into the folder as a different name, then renaming it.
5) Turning off UAC

None of these have worked. If anyone is up to the challenge of figuring this out, I would appreciate it.

Alright try this. Right click on the file.Properties

There should be a security tab there. Click on that. When that comes up you will see users. Click the Advanced button. On this screen you will see the current permission setup. Click the Edit button. Click on the User Account that you want to give Admin privledges too.

Then clikc OK. You should see a small pop up window. Not sure off hand what that says.

Then go back to the original Properties screen. Click the Security tab again. This time click edit. Now click on your account that you are giving permissions to. Make sure you check the Full box to give full permissions.

Click okay.

Now you should have permissions to do what you wish.

Man I really appreciate it. I was messing around in that permissions area a lot earlier today, but I guess I didn't do exactly what you just described. Nice Job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom