Vista+ X-fi Xtreme audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
Ok im currantly on xp pro and had a vista disc sat in my drawer for months and months for the simple reason that whenever i installed vista my sound would work BUT CMSS-3D and Crystalizer would not work, so my question is does anyone else have vista and a Xtreme audio soundcard that fully works? or know of someone who does?

I dont want to install/ uninstall for the third time :rolleyes:

Well maybe because you have to go to the creative site and get the Vista drivers. As for the Direct 3D sound or whatever that is used in games. Vista doesnt have that at all. You have to get Creative aLchemy which they came out with recenty in order to use that in game on Vista.

i should have said i did have the correct vista drivers, also i said I DID have sound, therefor that tells you that i had the drivers, its just 2 of the main functions of my sound are not available in the creative control panel(CMSS-3D and Crystalizer)

i should have said i did have the correct vista drivers, also i said I DID have sound, therefor that tells you that i had the drivers, its just 2 of the main functions of my sound are not available in the creative control panel(CMSS-3D and Crystalizer)

Well you didnt read the last part of my post. As i explained that the 3D and that doesnt work in Vista!!!!! You need the Creative ALchemy project in order for it to work. They wont be available in the control panel cause Vista DOES NOT HAVE IT. As i have said already.

Get the Creative ALchemy project for $10 and then your problem is solved.

Well you didnt read the last part of my post. As i explained that the 3D and that doesnt work in Vista!!!!! You need the Creative ALchemy project in order for it to work. They wont be available in the control panel cause Vista DOES NOT HAVE IT. As i have said already.

Get the Creative ALchemy project for $10 and then your problem is solved.

Can i have links to this?

ok i found it but its free? i dont have to pay for it.

Heres where i found it Customer Support: Downloads

So that will make CMSS-3D and crystalizer work in the creative control panel? im not worried about EAX advanced or EAX 5.0 because my card doesnt support that anyway

That i dont think will work. This is the app i am talking about.

Creative ALchemy

It might be this.

Customer Support: Downloads

But if it is free for X-Fi and not the Audigy that i own that would **** me off as i had to pay $10 to be able to use this stuff on my Vista install and the X-Fi users dont. What is that about....

That i dont think will work. This is the app i am talking about.

Creative ALchemy

It might be this.

Customer Support: Downloads

But if it is free for X-Fi and not the Audigy that i own that would **** me off as i had to pay $10 to be able to use this stuff on my Vista install and the X-Fi users dont. What is that about....

on that first link you posted, when it loaded up i clicked on "Alchemy for X-fi" and it said its free for most X-fi cards :p

vista and creative have been beefing forever. vista is trying to change (hijack) the sound spec. of computers. vista don't support hardware acceleration. creative openal (which most games support) in vista does. this is cheating people who have spent lot of money on their sound cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom