Vista working with software

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamtank

Solid State Member
I am using a program Cubase and it will not work with Vista. Does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to solve this problem? Should I run two operating systems orwipe the computer clean and install XP? Other?

Thank you,

Okay what is it and what does it do? From the looks of it the application looks like a music editor. Fruity Loops might do the trick. I know that there is also some applications that are coming out sometime this year that are gonna be able to do this as well.

Have you tried isntalling this under XP SP2 compatability? Have you tried running it with XP SP2 compatability?

Cubase is a music editing program, and since I already own it and know how to use it, I would prefer to keep using it. (Fruity loops does look like an interesting program).

WHen I installed it on my new Vista Laptop it, a pop up appeared saying that it was not compatible with Vista. It used to work with my much older XP computer (which has been retired).

Is there a way besides purchasing a new program to run cubase?

Thank you

Like i said just cause it comes up with the Compatability thing doesnt mean it wont work if you try.

If you have a CD do this. Insert the CD. Do not auto run. Open up Computer and right click the CD. Under Properties>Compatability Tab. Check the box for XP SP2. This should allow it to install.

After it installs (if it does) right click on the executable file (Or desktop shortcut) and do the same steps above. Make it so that the application tries to run in XP SP2 mode. IT should work for you then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom