Vista wont install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leatherface

Baseband Member
hey guys im trying to install vista on my new rig.....

and its just not installing i keep getting a screen telling me: DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

when i do that and press enter! the same screen comes up!

also in the bios when i go to the sata thing...its says that theres nothing there! do u think thats the problem?

What do you mean by "do the SATA thing" ?

You need to change the boot order of your drives so that the CD/DVD drive(s) are before the HDD(s).

thats what i did! but under the standard CMOS features menu in the bios, it reads this:

SATA PORT 1 NONE thats the same for all the others!

at the bottom it says:

Drive A 1.44M, 3.5 in
Halt On All Errors

also when the comp is booting up it says this:

Detecting port 0:
PD Not Ready or Unknown device type

your drives are all SATA and the bios is not reading them? if you have another older system handy run your new SATA HDD as a slave and format it.. then plug it back in as drive "0" on your new system and everything should read fine.

Do you have a option in yoru BIOS to turn on your SATA Ports like i do? Have you checked to make sure that the BIOS can read the drives that are installed?

If the BIOS doesnt see the drives then Vista can not install.

Make sure to set the Sata configuration as legacy/ide, otherwise vista still has issues seeing sata hard drives. Its retarded, but it still happens.

Vista doesnt always have that issue. It depends. I can install with ACHI on with no issues. Only certain mother boards have issues using Vista and ACHI mode.

Do you have a option in yoru BIOS to turn on your SATA Ports like i do? Have you checked to make sure that the BIOS can read the drives that are installed?

If the BIOS doesnt see the drives then Vista can not install.

how would i go about checking to see that? my mobo is the Foxconn Blood Rage

Make sure to set the Sata configuration as legacy/ide, otherwise vista still has issues seeing sata hard drives. Its retarded, but it still happens.

i would set this by going into the "intergrated peripherals" menu right? because its the only place where change sata config.

both my HDD and OPD are both attached using SATA cables to the motherboard!, should i try switching them around? like? maybe they are just in the wrong place?

do u think it could be that my OPD is plug into the motherboard where the HDD should be? or should i just use the IDE connector to attach the HDD to the mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom