Vista wont install :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi.Im.New

In Runtime
mb is:Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q-E LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Well ive tried to install vista on my brand new build via a sata dvd rom. The drive didnt function normally for whatever reason. So i decided to use an old ide dvd and the issue i get outta this is:
"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key."

I even tried an xp disc that works and still i get the same error. Ive already flashed the mb and so all drivers are up to date. I made sure the boot priority was correct and even disabled all options other than the dvd drive. I was thinking of getting another sata dvd drive and trying that.

The Question i have now is, where do I go from here?

Hello,

It seems that the drives are not being recognized by your BIOS correctly in order for you to install. I would check to see if the BIOS recognizes them first. If so then move on from there to test and see if they are in working condition. I would go with IDE as i do not think the Vista nor XP isntaller has support for SATA DVD Rom drivers.

Cheers,
Mak

Mak,

They def show up in the bios... I'm gonna try to install them down on another computer and see how that works and see if i can boot from them there. If it turns out that the IDE dvd drive does work on another computer, what should I do?

thnx

Hello,

If the IDE drive doesnt work then i would suggest trying to find one that does. As i said i do not think that Vista or XP support SATA DVD Rom Drives. So IDE would be your best bet to get the OS installed.

Cheers,
Mak

So i installed the dvd drive onto my aunts computer and tried to boot with the vista disk from there and it worked. So now at this point its gotta be something dealing with my motherboard right? Where should i go from here?

Hello,

Well you should test your mother board. At this point i would say that it is a fact that your IDE channel is messed up. So you have only 2 options really.

1. Try to see if you can Vista to install with the SATA DVD ROM.
2. Replace the mobo.

Cheers,
Mak

Mak,

Thats the conclusion i was coming too , because it was weird enough my new sata dvd rom didnt work properly(wont open or close, and when it does - does so randomly 10seconds later). When I went with a proven IDE drive and that wont work properly i knew something was up with the motherboard. Do you think this could even go as far as a PSU ISSUE? If so should i buy one of those PSU testers to check it out?

Thnx again

Hello,

It could be PSU related if your PSU is dying or doesnt have enough power to run the system. A check wouldnt be a bad thing.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom