Vista and WMP11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well recently I have had some problems with it. I downloaded a movie and it didnt play, so i went and got a codec pack (xvid) and now movies play, except there is only sound, and some times if im lucky i can mess with the zoom from 50 to 100 to 200 percent back and fourth and sometimes it will show up on 50 percent (and this happens on all movies, .mpg, .avi, .wmv, .mp4, etc...). but now i have noticed another problem. now when listening to music, i like to set up wow effects with wow at a little more than half and trubass all the way up, but now, even when i click turn on, the audio cuts out, and i click turn off and the audio comes back for a second and cuts out again. i have to close wmp and re-open it to hear audio. ideas?

running vista home premium on my laptop (check sig if u need specs or anything)

also when its on, after the audio cuts out, if i click and try to drag any of the sliders, they dont drag, they will pop over to where i put the cursour at, not slide like they should, and if i click where it says headphones it takes about two seconds for it to change to large speakers......

Got rid of other topic.

Now this sounds like a interesting problem. You get only sound. Which codec pack did you use. Have you tried the Vista codec pack? Also the whole slider thing. That just sounds as if WMP has frozen and has to be forced to shut down.

So it is jsut the file that freezes not the application? That is wierd. I have not seen that since the last time i corrupted a MP3.

Have you anyway to verify the file that it is good and not corrupted?

yes i have, i got winamp just to check it. windows media player does not freeze. the file is not corrupted. when i turn on wow effects, audio playback stops. i can still use wmp like normal, but there is no audio playback. the wow section at the bottom, you know the one you enable in enhancements, is laggy (only way i can descrbie it). rest of the player functions well besides video, which rarely shows video at all.

sorry for being kinda of a @$$hole but ive been on the phone with verizon tech support all afternoon because my internet went down and we had to pin it down to a faulty modem flash...

Hey tis okay. My moem died jsut the other day. I know the feeling. PS try not to bypass the swear filter. It is frowned upon. But with the day you are having. It is understandable.

Okay so does the file work in WinAmp and it is just WMP that is being the junk app?

wmp is doing it to every single one of my 2000+ songs

all of em...its like wow effects just died, and it hates videos all of a sudden
thinking about reinstalling vista with the restore disk that came with it
i

id go with xp if i could but i dont got a floppy for the stupid sata driers.

you know how to slipstream?

Want some additional advice? right click on the WMP 11 desktop shortcut and simply get rid of it! MS claims dvd and video and movie support in both the HP and Ultimate editions while showing options to buy Cyberlink's PowerDVD or Roxio's media player.

For audio with screen saver playbck since there are no visualizations for Vista only upto WMP 10 for XP the latest ITunes solves that. For dvd and video types try Media Player Classic. Or buy one of the players retail.

While going through Jet Audio, VLC with it's own visualizations, and other players I gave ITunes the thuumbs up for audio with a randon screen saver more like what is seen with WMP 10. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom