Vista Windows USer XPrience

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
I'm planning on building a new core 2 duo based system with VIsta, and i noticed that its clock speed is only 1.86 ghz, i no this is really fast but, i'm wondering that will it score lower than my Pentium D 945 (3.4 ghz) on WinSat

No. Since it is a Core 2 Duo, which has 2 cores instead of 1, it will not score lower. It should score much higher.

The reason being is that the processing is shared by the dual cores instead of the 1 core having to do all the work. That way twice as much will be able to be processed in the same amount of time.

thanks yo, does that mean that an oc'ed CPU would score better here too
for ex: the COre 2 Duo x6800 (stock speed) vs Core 2 Duo E6400 (@ 3.1 ghz)

Yes a OC'd CPU would score better than stock on the Windows Index. But just beware of the heat the a OC'd CPU gives off. Dont want to burn it out before it is time.:rolleyes:

This is a side note but my friend has a GeForce 8800GTX or w/e from BFG which is Overclocked. Definitly a sick card.

His is rated 1.5 LOWER than my GeForce 6800GT. Odd?

was this a base score or was that the video card score, cuz if its the base score, its possible u have other components better than his

This is a side note but my friend has a GeForce 8800GTX or w/e from BFG which is Overclocked. Definitly a sick card.

His is rated 1.5 LOWER than my GeForce 6800GT. Odd?
I think it would be because of his RAM or CPU. The overall index score takes the lowest score. Not just that of certain parts you would have to look at the whole index to see which actually scored better or worse.

So click that link thing that says "What do these scores mean to me?" and see if his 8800GTX is still scored lower. If so then he needs to run the update since he changed hardware recently and it isnt reflecting the new change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom