Vista and Windows Live Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprooty

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,

I've decided to give Vista a shot for a few weeks, its all installed fine and everything works fine bar Windows Live Messenger.

It installs properly but fails to log in, every time i enter my details and hit enter i get this error

img143.imageshack.us/img.../477221824wk.jpg

I've tried everything i can, im relatively new to vista but I've still tried everything I would have in XP, i would be lead to believe its a firewall problem but with all the things i've tried i just have a feeling now MSN is going to work with Vista for now..

Going into the connection troubleshooter it tells me I cannot connect the the .Net service, but the TCP test tells me I can connect fine to the windows messenger service. (img201.imageshack.us/img.../535742986ej.jpg)

I am baffled beyond belief and i don't want to have to go back to XP just so i can use MSN, but i will have to if Vista isn't going to allow me to even sign in.

Things I've tried just so u guys don't suggest:

Versions 8.0 and 8.1 Beta
Disable Windows Firewall
Disable anything that monitors internet including Nod internet monitor and MS defender
Different connection settings - different Local IP

But like everyone i guess were all relatively new to Vista and its probably a simple settings i have missed.

Thanks for your Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom